Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Sagrada Familia

















Last year I had the wonderful privilege of visiting the Sagrada Familia, in Barcelona. It is one of the most amazing things I´ve ever seen!. When Gaudi designed it, he studied the shapes and lines found in nature, and imitated them in the lines of the church, so that the people who went to church could find every day elements on the walls and ceilings, and feel like they were outdoors worshipping God together with all creation. The amount of details is incredible! If you ever have the chance of visiting Barcelona, I highly recommend it!
(photos by us)

Ps. It is still a work in progress, so we hope to see it someday when it´s completed!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful images! That cathedral is spectacular, one of the most amazing buildings I've ever seen! I'm glad you liked it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how i would like to go back! It's really moving.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin